Samstag, 23. April 2011

Of Saints and Sinners

In my opinion one of my best poems and my most direct treatment of faith and religion so far.

Of Saints and Sinners

So damned, tell me, tell me
How they can still call you a sinner
If you fight so hard to lock inner
Beast inside a cage of open wounds and blood
And how can they deny your poor resistance
But slay you down for the brute´s existence
And stomp your holy soul into the mud.

So priest, tell me, tell me
What to wish down from your heaven
If you face all of the seven
Angels with their censer right at the altar
And if you are so humble, bathing in your holy shine
And you stand before your lord in his golden shrine
Then run, now run ´cause hell is very far.

So saint, tell me, tell me
Where to put the sword of light and fire
If the darkness´ deep desire
Is located right inside my heart
And what if all the bad and evil, you wish to destroy alone
Is not to find within medieval walls of blood red stone
But right inside me and it tears my soul apart.

So lord tell me, tell me
What to think of through and through
If it turns out that we have just invented you
And were not created in the likeness of your kind
If we´d built your image out of our heads
And then to save it, died a thousand deaths,
Oh lord, we would have been so blind.

So god tell me, tell me
Why did you built your inquisition
Gave your ants their final mission
And burned them with a magnifying glass?
Did you divide this race of brothers
Oh so carelessly among your other
Colleges and then you gave them all a test too hard to pass?

Now girl, you see, you see
That I´ve become the very twisted
´cause all my pieces have been shifted
And I don´t know who and what I want to be
In the quest for my new spirit
I travelled far, got lost within it
And I´ve asked everyone but me.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen